Tuesday, February 17, 2015

preparations

Two more weeks and I will be in Guatamala, starting my five week volunteer work there, hopefully with lots of occasions to practice my fledgling Spanish.  I am really hoping to write regularly so those of you that are interested can follow my blog. This time it is not our travel adventures as a couple, but my new experiences alone in Guatamala, a country we visited together in 1974 before the civil war that tore this country apart. I look forward to seeing it again after all these years. It should include a visit to Tikal, the famous Maya temple that we saw as it emerged from the jungle and first received visitors. Cannot wait!

2 comments:

  1. I'll be tuning in, Jennifer. Hope you have an amazing time. Please stay safe.
    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be tuning in, Jennifer. Hope you have an amazing time. Please stay safe.
    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete